Female? Play shogi? Have Canadian citizenship? Then you could compete for Canada internationally at shogi!
2017 World Online Preliminaries for the 7th Ricoh Cup Joryū Ōza Shogi Championship (第7期リコー杯女流王座戦 海外招待選手選抜大会)
- competition will be held February-March 2017, online at 81Dojo.com
- up to three Canadians may participate
- participation is free
- a free account at 81Dojo.com is required
- Canadian citizenship or permanent residency is required
- a passport valid through late 2017 (in case you win and will travel to Japan in May 2017)
- winner will receive a free trip to Japan (return airfare and hotel accommodation) to compete in the 7th Ricoh Cup Joryu Ōza Shogi Championship’s first qualifying round in May 2017, against Japanese players
If you are interested in participating, please email us at shogivancouver -at- gmail -dot- com. Players of all skill levels are encouraged to apply, as Canada has previously only filled one of its three available player slots.
Registration deadline is February 2017 – but please get in touch as early as possible.
PREVIOUS CANADIAN RESULTS (includes match records):